Christmas countdown

My daughter is a Christmas freak.

When she moved away to go to university, she bemoaned the fact that December and university exams  coincide. I took pity on her, and decided to make her an Advent calendar.

It's now become a tradition.

No cheap chocolate.  No little trinkets to get caught in the vacuum cleaner.

A little bit of fun and stress release. 

Step one: Decorate 24 circles.


Step 2: Cut out a 24 bubble Christmas tree from the bubble wrap with the big bubbles.  I used a dry erase marker to make my lines.


Step 3:  Tape the cut out circles to the bubbles. ( I need to make my circles a bit smaller.)


Pop one bubble per day starting with December 1.

No calories, just a bit of fun.  And the delight of bubble popping. 

We will do a Christmas countdown in the classroom too.  

Last year I found this Santa's beard activity at La Classe Della Maestra Valentina .  Every day Santa's beard got a little bit shorter.


I haven't decided how to countdown to Christmas this year.  

Any brilliant suggestions that do not involve large numbers of cotton balls for Santa's beard?



4 comments

  1. I'm visiting my daughter in Chicago next weekend. She is in her last year of college. I'm going to make that Santa bubble wrap for her...She'll love it! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popping bubbles is good exam stress release. I am sure that your daughter will love it.

      sandi

      Delete
  2. Both those advent calendars are so cute. You could make a construction paper link (25 links) and cut one off each day. Our K teacher does that.
    I kinda like that beard though. Thanks!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the paper chain Christmas countdown, and the glue the cotton ball onto Santa's beard more times than I want to count! It was fun to cut off Santa's beard last year. Feeling a little Christmas ADHD this year - can't focus and want something new!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top